Build Project #1: Platform bed and headboard
We’ve shown pictures of build project #2, but project #1 hadn’t been posted yet. Now that the room has been cleaned up a little, here is build project #1:
This was our first attempt at building furniture. We used plans from Ana White. The bed was relatively easy to make, but the headboard wasn’t quite as easy. Cutting the rectangle hole was a little more difficult; the lines aren’t quite straight thanks to my jigsaw skills.
The plan was the match the orange of the bed to the orange of the pillow. We ended up finding a paint chip that was perfect, so we didn’t actually have to color-match it.
Paint: Behr Premium Plus Ultra – color: Koi
Pillows: Dwell Studio for Target
Intercom: NuTone (unfortunately came with the house, that’s a later project)